Brodie Welch is a licensed acupuncturist and has been treating women with Chinese medicine for 13 years. She fell in love with Chinese medicine while in massage therapy school and took Shiatsu class.
In this episode we talk about:
1. The challenges women face and how she helps them slow down and restore their yang
2. The connection between the nervous system and breadth
3. Acupuncture herbs and the acupuncture needle and how the needles connect to the body's intelligence/electrical system causing a profound state of relaxation
4. The connection between stress hormones and sex hormones
5. The connection between the kidney and liver; the liver blood nourishing the kidney; congested liver and cleansing
6. How acupuncture can help women with fertility, menopause, painful periods and irregular cycles
7. Tongue diagnosis and how the same principles can be used with menstruation
8. Abhyanga - a practice from Ayurveda that involves warm oil massage and although sounds super simple it can be for wonderful for hot flushes, night sweats, insomnia and settling the nervous system
9. How to find a qualified acupuncturist who is competent or specialized in women's health
Thanks for listening.
Bridgit Danner, Founder of Women's Wellness Collaborative.
PS: From Nov. 07-13, we will be having a special week on the podcast and our community called Fertility Week. This is a week on the specialty sub-topic of fertility. We will have an interview every day on the podcast by a fertility expert and we'll also have daily raffles. You can access it on the podcast but if you'd like to get a special download every day and be added to the raffles, we would love for you to sign up here.
Once you register you'll get a welcome email and as the Fertility week starts you'll get an email everyday talking about the day's events and raffles. It's going to be a lot of fun so make sure to sign up and invite anyone who you think could benefit from the talks.
I will also be selling my two fertility kindle books during the Fertility Week for $0.99